Connor and Pat break down the best battles of the weekend, and discuss the questionable cornering which saw Raquel Pennington suffer an unnecessary TKO.
Last weekend, some people fought, and it was good. Some parts were not so good, but other parts were especially good. Then, the weekend ended, and Connor Ruebusch and Patrick Wyman sat down to discuss it.
This week on Heavy Hands, the topics include:
– Raquel Pennington’s corner, and the unnecessary fifth round they refused to save her from.
– Jorge Linares, the first man since Orlando Salido to give Vasyl Lomachenko a stiff test.
– Lomachenko passing that test in typically astounding fashion.
– Kelvin Gastelum, middleweight’s Anthony Pettis (it’ll make more sense when you listen).
– previewing Kamaru Usman vs Demian Maia, and Alexa Grasso vs Tatiana Suarez.
To download this episode directly, just right-click and save this link.
You can also find Heavy Hands on iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher, where you can subscribe and check out all our past episodes.
And if you’re up for even more fight analysis, you ought to check out the Heavy Hands Patreon, where $3 a month gets you access to loads of bonus content. Check out episode #5 of The Underdogs, wherein Phil Mackenzie joins Connor to celebrate the career of Mike “Quicksand” Pyle, who debuted in 1999, and retired just last month. For a preview, you can also listen to episode one of The Underdogs in its entirety, for free, right here.